Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Peace swap




Today, while watching closely day 1 post-op dog, I finished my Item for the Etsy Peace swap.

I was paired with a lovely stained glass artist so I had my work cut out, espeially once I saw her completed piece for me which you can see at http://vickileighstudios.blogspot.com

She requested a bear in anything red. I persuaded myself to part with this last piece of lovely crushed velvet which I adore. Carefull working was needed as velvet frays so easily when you work with it. The little gold coloured tears are to represent the ever striving failure to find Peace in the many parts of our world. As this bear is about to go on a very long journey from Scotland to the U.S.A. I have made it a tartan blanket, also in red, which is in my own family tartan Christie. As you can see it has a very fat tummy so that should see it on it's trip okay.

1 comment:

vickileigh said...

This bear is beautiful. I love the family cloth you used with the red velvet.