Saturday, February 7, 2009

Just finished...........for me





Just finished this sweater for myself. I had two large balls of black watch yarn, each by a different manufacturer. As you can see one is mor blue and the other is more green. Both have a blend of blue, green and black as in the blackwatch tartan.
I love the style of this sweater. It has everything. Long enough to keep the derrier cosy. Pockets for the essential tissues etc. Raglan sleeves for a comfortable fit and the neck line has been knitted from the yolk giving a close fit that is not too tight.I think I will be living in this sweater for a while given the current weather.
I also made up this bag to go with it. Done in the yarn that is more blue and lined in blackwatch polyviscose tartan fabric. The same fabric was used for the strap.
The buttons fastening the front are the second closure, the top of the bag is fastened inside using two magnetic closures.

2 comments:

Helen @ The Beading Lady said...

OOooh, love the bag!
Well done!

margaret hamilton said...

Can be persuaded to make one for anyone interested. Pattern may be a bit more complicated as I did this off the top of my head but I suppose I could work back from the finished item.